‘Crazy Nerds’ has been nominated for ‘Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award’. I extend my thanks to both the nominators – Princess and ikwords.
Princess runs the blog “The Mindful Modus”, focussing on self-care. She’s a structural design engineer, sharing practical self-care guides, skincare reviews, haikus on fragrances, and random posts on her lifestyle. Do check her blog.
A middle-school blogger, ikwords, is a word-nerd blogging on “Words on Key”. The blog is all about tiny tales, word challenges, book recommendations, and fantasies. If you’re someone who wants to read a variety of stories, don’t give it a miss.
About the award
Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award is a non-official Award to the bloggers as a reward of wonderful work on their blogs. It’s just as important because it really reflects the good impact we can have on other people’s lives. Awards are important for the inspiration, towards the success of our fellow bloggers and especially newbie’s to become future “Stars”.
Expand to read
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blogs.
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
- Provide the link to the award creator, as Rising Star from the blog “It’s all about Inspiration”.
About The Blog:
‘Crazy Nerds’ is a two-author personal blog, started for fun, during college days. We share random stuff including fiction, poems, book reviews, picture tales, motivational stuff, and at times, life experiences. If you’re interested in knowing more, here’s the About section.
My answers to the questions from ‘The Mindful Modus’:
- What’s keeping you busy these days?
Academics and this blog.
- What’s something that recently made you happy?
I tried preparing icecream at home and that turned out really well. That’s one of my recent happy memories.
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
“You can handle and overcome failures. Also, you’re determined enough to bounce back to reach your deserved spot.” It’s a compliment I’ve first received at school. I also remember well-wishers telling me about my determination and handling failures in other phases of life.
- If you could teach one subject in school what would it be?
My answers to the questions from ‘Words On Key’:
- Why do you blog?
For me, blogging is just another hobby, to revive my writing skills and to connect with beautiful minds across the globe. So far, I haven’t taken this up quite seriously.
- What things are you interested in besides your blog niche?
‘Crazy Nerds’ is a multi-niche blog. Beyond this blog, I have a liking for those associated with photography. I also enjoy reading poetry and haikus of many bloggers.
- Which of your posts has been the most popular? Reflect on this… why, do you think? Do you agree? Is it really your best work or is it just what seems like would appeal to readers (in your opinion)?
To reflect on this popularity, I believe ‘Coffee’ gained more readership as it was the first of its kind, and something creative.
I was quite excited when I got too many interesting six-word stories on the prompt, and wanted to present them in the best possible way. I’ve written many takes even on a previous 6WSP-prompt on Dreams, but without any images. With the post on ‘Coffee’, the extra efforts returned quite heavily.
It has certainly appealed to the readers, and indeed, one of my best works on this blog. But, there are also few other articles that are equally good, or even more good. I guess the time and frequency of publishing, relevant keyword tags, interaction with other blogs, as well as the follower count matters when it comes to good exposure, along with the appeal a post presents.
- What motivates you in life?
For me, motivation is something that should come from within. In case that’s dripping, even the littlest of things around me inspire me somehow. But external sources like self-help books or words from friends have never helped.
- Do you ever feel nervous before publishing a blog post?
I haven’t felt nervous before publishing a blog post, but have been so after publishing one. I have the habit of copying my previous posts and editing them, esp. the ones for prompts or a series.
There have been times, when I edited the content and published it bluntly without changing the title. I’ve trashed few posts just after hitting publish, for this reason.
I nominate the following blogs for the ‘Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award’ award.
To all my nominees, I understand if you are running an award free blog and don’t want to proceed with the nomination for any other reason. If you choose to accept, you may write a response post whenever possible. Kindly ping-back so that I don’t miss your response.
Questions for my Nominees
Expand to read
Here are the 5 new questions for my nominees:
- How would you compliment your own self, in the present?
- What’s your best experience with a stranger?
- What’s the most memorable gift you’ve been presented with?
- What was the last book you read?
- What’s something that you like about a generation that’s younger than yours?
My stand on blogger award nominations
Expand to read
I personally feel giving away such online awards to our fellow bloggers leaves a mark of inspiration and joy, in addition to exposing the blog to a whole lot of new readers. It’s a win-win situation for the nominator and nominees as it helps in promotion, as well as reveals a great deal about the blogger as a person to the blogging community.
I don’t prefer receiving an award and let the chain end just with me. So, I’ve nominated a few. However, all bloggers are deserving. So, my list of nominees is conceived open-ended. Anyone coming across this post can feel free to create a ping-back and take up the nomination. Spread joy to your own self and others. 🙂