‘Crazy Nerds’ is nominated by Phoenix for the Sunshine Blogger Award, for the third time now. Thank you, Phoenix, for the nomination. This is an interesting nomination, as it followed the round-robin pattern to return back to me from one of my previous nominees for the same award.
Phoenix has a fantastic blog, featuring posts on daily wisdom and poetry. She also hosts poetry competitions, providing a platform to inspire writing in many authors. Do check it out and show some love!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
Expand to read
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positiveness and creativity in the blogging community.
The rules are :
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, write them 11 new questions and notify them about the nomination.
My answers to the questions from ‘Penable’ :
- Do you think your name is cute?
Of course! I love my name. In Sanskrit, my name is interpreted as ‘A + nisha’ which is ‘without + night (darkness). So, ‘Anisha’ indicates someone filled with optimism, brightness and never perishing hope!
- If you had a chance to name yourself, which name would you choose and why?
I don’t think I’d choose any different name. My friends and I have already indulged in this debate, and none of us preferred a name change.
Interestingly, I had one other name chosen by numerology, just during my LKG. Luckily, that didn’t stick with me when my school pressed for a name that’s in the birth certificate. There wasn’t enough time to change it in the gazette back then during admissions into UKG.
- Do you have any hobbies other than writing?
Yeah, I do. Writing is the hobby that occupies the least of my leisure time. I listen to songs, mostly in regional languages, watching the evening sky; I’m involved in puzzles, esp. Sudoku and Rubik’s cube; I also do origami when bored.
- Be it books or movies, if given chance, which character’s life would you choose to live and why?
I’ve always wanted to be Gulliver since my childhood. I wonder how life would have been among the giants of Brobdingnag and tiny Lilliputians!
- If you have a job now, are you happy with it? If you could change it now, which one would you choose?
I had a job which I recently resigned, and I was absolutely happy with that.
- Do you like to cook ?
I love to cook, but quite lazy to get into the kitchen when mom’s around. I can cook almost everything that’s common in the household. However, I’m greatly involved with interest only when I prepare desserts or any recipe involving chicken.
- Which is your Zodiac sign?
- Do you believe in predictions made for your zodiac sign?
I read the predictions, as I find them interesting. Yeah, mostly they turn out to be true.
- Are you, so far, proud and satisfied with your blog’s progress?
I’m truly satisfied with my blog’s progress, but not so proud about it. As I just mentioned, I spend very minimal time here. I started blogging in Jan 2016, and have been regular only for 3 months since then (Mar & Apr 2019, May 2020). Not so surprising, around 350 of 500+ subscribers found my blog in the months specified.
I’ve planned to blog quite consistently now, by posting on alternate days. I hope to persist on this platform, and get to read the thoughts of many amazing writers here.
- What’s the most useless piece of knowledge you know?
As a kid, I’ve read a lot of acronyms and used to write numerous word-webs. I don’t think I’ve used them anywhere, though. Let me share a sample.
PEN – Poets, Essayists / Editors, Novelists;
PATNA – Prithvi, Agni, Trishul, Nag, Akash; (these are guided missiles of India)
Web – website, weblog, web-page, webinar, etc.
- Which is your favourite work from your blog? Leave a link so everyone can enjoy.
Questions for my Nominees
Expand to read
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
- What would you take along, if you are to move abroad for a year or two?
(Not the passport or any other essentials)
- What’s your spirit animal?
- Which movie have you felt as the most practical, among that you’ve seen?
- Who’s your biggest inspiration?
- What’s your most preferred beverage?
- What do you think is the must read post on your blog? Share it with a link.
- What makes you get out of bed every morning?
(something other than light, please!)
- Share a life lesson you’ve learnt the toughest way.
- Do you have any interesting story behind your scars?
- If given a chance to choose an outfit from any of the previous time-periods, which one would you select? Share a picture of the outfit.
- Is there any food you’ve hated, not for its taste, but having eaten it so often?
I nominate the following blogs to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award.
My stand on blogger award nominations:
Expand to read
I personally feel giving away such online awards to our fellow bloggers leaves a mark of inspiration and joy, in addition to exposing the blog to a whole lot of new readers. It’s a win-win situation for the nominator and nominees as it helps in promotion, as well as reveals a great deal about the blogger as a person to the blogging community.
I don’t prefer receiving an award and let the chain end just with me. So, I’ve nominated a few. However, all bloggers are deserving. So, my list of nominees is conceived open-ended. Anyone coming across this post can feel free to create a ping-back and take up the nomination. Spread joy to your own self and others 🙂