I’m glad to inform you about CrazyNerd’s 1st nomination for the ‘Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award’. I’d like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Shweta of My Random Ramblings for this nomination. Do check out her blog. Her tiny tales will keep you hooked. They are simply superb!
About the award
The Vincent Ehindero Award is an award on the name of a guy with the zeal to make people smile. His motive is to inspire the lives of bloggers. To know more about the award, check out this post on his blog.
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Make a post of the award (with a photo).
- Post the rules.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers.
- Follow Vincent Ehindero at vincentehindero.wordpress.com (to qualify for a free blog promotion and shoutout) and more blogging opportunities.
My answers to Shweta’s questions:
- What’s the last movie that you watched?
I re-watched an older movie ‘Endrendrum Punnagai’. If I am to consider the first-time-watch, it’s ‘Thappad’.
- What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
I pack whatever I’m doing, and immediately move to the terrace, when at home with good health!
- What are you doing to beat the lock-down blues?
Lock-down hasn’t been so blue, at least with me. I’m someone who’s been working from home for the past one year. So, it’s kinda moving on with normal life, with weekends cut.
- How long can you go without using your phone?
I can go really long; We weren’t supposed to use phone within our college campus, and so I have a good practice.
- What do you most value in your friends?
They don’t judge me, whatever be the circumstance!
- Do you have a favourite fictional character? What makes her/him your favourite?
I do; He’s ‘Vallavaraiyan Vandhiyathevan’. This character is a part of the Tamil five-volume novel ‘Ponniyin Selvan’, but isn’t purely fictional. It has been built based on a cheiftain in the Chola empire.
Vandhiyathevan is witty, extremely trustworthy, and fun-loving. He flirts to escape, but doesn’t fall prey to the evil female antagonist. Though not designed to be the protagonist of the novel, he appears to be one. He stands with his friends, in their joy, sorrows and even troubles. In short, he is not perfect, but still, admirable and the most relatable character in the novels I’ve read so far.
- Winter or Summer?
Summer, without second-thoughts!
- What is love, in your point of view?
Love is any shared relationship, accepted with flaws!
- What is your favorite movie or TV show?
Harry Potter film-series! This is one of my favorites.
- If you could time travel, where (when?) would you go?
Probably, to the past! I don’t have memories with my grandparents. I don’t want to interfere with the future. Let it be surprising, as always!
Questions for my nominees
Here are the questions for my nominees:
- What’s your worst cooked recipe?
- Share a nightmare experience, if you have one; You can even cook up your own story.
- Have you met a fork in the road of life?
- If you didn’t have to make money, what work would you do?
- Do you collect anything? (say, stamps, coins, feathers, etc.)
I nominate the following blogs for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award!
- Reflections of Life
- Mawuli – Say More With Less
- With The Dying Daisy
- Accidental Blogger
- Screwdriver Joji
- The Sparkling Words
- The Poem Zone
- Shivani Dubey
- My Third Eye
I personally feel giving away such online awards to our fellow bloggers leaves a mark of inspiration and joy, in addition to exposing the blog to a whole lot of new readers. It’s a win-win situation for the nominator and nominees as it helps in promotion, as well as reveals a great deal about the blogger as a person to the blogging community.
I don’t prefer receiving an award and let the chain end just with me. So, I’ve nominated a few. However, all bloggers are deserving. So, my list of nominees is conceived open-ended. Anyone coming across this post can feel free to create a ping-back and take up the nomination. Spread joy to your own self and others 🙂