About Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
To know more about the history and contesting rules, check out this post @ Global Aussies.
Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 2 – 6 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award, make up 5 creative questions to ask them, and notify the nominees about the nomination.
11 Random Facts about me:
- Indian by birth.
- No siblings.
- I’m an engineer.
- I follow newspapers every day.
- I still read children’s weekly magazines.
- I love mathematics; I search for Maths in daily applications and even in mythology.
- I can solve difficult Sudoku puzzles and 4*4 Rubik’s cube.
- To relieve stress, I go back to childhood cartoon shows.
- I enjoy cycling.
- I can replace desserts with meal, and also cook them well.
- I have a love-hate relationship with rain.
My Answers to the Questions from ‘Exploring Life with Nishtha Shukla’:
- What makes your day “Spent Well”?
My day becomes good if I can do any 3 productive activities – mostly exercise, reading something new and good food.
- List down your 3 prior things of bucket list.
- There’s a career goal I don’t wish to reveal now.
- Setting off to a random location without much planning.
- Enjoy snow and scuba diving; The best part is I don’t know how to swim yet.
- What do you mean by “Exploring Life”?
Exploring life, for me, is to indulge in healthy activities or learn something new by getting out of the comfort zone. The minute we are out of that zone, we can unleash immense self-potential that we weren’t even aware of.
- What do you do for motivation?
Whatever I do to gain motivation from external source (friends or books) doesn’t usually work. For me, motivation is something that should come from within.
- Who or what keeps you going?
Couldn’t really think of any; I guess the willingness to live is what keeps me going.
- Which quote defines you?
I believe in ‘whatever happens, life has to go on’. So, the following quote would be closer to define my personality.
“Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving”.
– Albert Einstein
- What is your 5 year plan for life?
I haven’t thought about any plans for such a long time-span.
- How do you deal with failure?
Considering failure as challenges for future excellence helps in maintaining my self-confidence. That’s how I deal with failure. Here, I don’t mean to say that I don’t worry at all during failures. There is pain on losing something you’ve worked hard for. But, I’ve learnt to get out of them soon.
- Which habit of yours makes you special and proud of?
I don’t judge people. I feel good about this trait of me. But, only people who know me better can acknowledge this!
- What do you think about future of India?
In the future, I’d like to experience India with lesser social conflicts. Anyway, I feel good about the country even now.
- What do you mean by Feminism?
Feminism is about events that bring in equality on all grounds for both the sexes. It’s certainly not undermining the male community or, women being atrocious in the cover of boldness. Feminism should be taken forward in such a way that a woman’s dignity isn’t lost.
Questions for my Nominees
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
- What’d you do if you accidentally become the owner of an invisible cloak?
- Are you in contact with any of your pre-school friends?
- If given a choice between travelling by sea and air to the same destination, what would you choose?
- To which imaginary world do you go often, maybe while day-dreaming?
- What’s the longest duration you’ve spoken with someone over phone?
I nominate the following blogs to receive the Liebster Award.
I personally feel giving away such online awards to our fellow bloggers leaves a mark of inspiration and joy, in addition to exposing the blog to a whole lot of new readers. It’s a win-win situation for the nominator and nominees as it helps in promotion, as well as reveals a great deal about the blogger as a person to the blogging community.
So, my list of nominees is conceived open-ended. Anyone coming across this post can feel free to create a pingback and take up the nomination. Spread joy to your own self and others 🙂