For some time now I have been interested in Blender, an open source software for 3D development. So, I decided to try it out without reading the manual as usual. I searched for tutorials on the net and found some pretty good ones.
The interface was a little difficult to get used to but once you get the hang of it its amazing! So, for my first project I decided to make something that reminds of my first video game. Yep, the title says it all. After , squinting at my screen for long hours and undoing and redoing countless times the end result was like this..
I thinks its pretty good for my first time. It took me around 3 hours to finish it.
Here are some tips for those who want to work on blender:
- Do not forget the hotkeys. There are too many features in blender,so remember the ones you use frequently. Better yet, create a cheat sheet.
- Ctrl+Z is your best friend. If you do something wrong ,just redo it.
- You can have more than one view at a time, which is really handy.
- There’s a cool trick called unravel which helps you do wonders.
- Lighting can be a bit tricky .
and many more..
So, if you are interested in learning how to build your own mushroom, try out this tutorial :
This was posted by Anjana